Burness Parish Rooms
A Village Hall, Activity Centre and Venue in the heart of Melton, Suffolk
Conditions of Hire
- All arrangements for hiring are to be made with the Bookings Secretary.
- Requests for hiring will only be considered from adult persons.
- Hire charges include lighting, heating, use of kitchen appliances, use of crockery and glassware, and use of projector.
- The room must be left in a clean and tidy state and all chairs and tables left at the far end of the room.
- Hirers will be held responsible for any damage to the room, equipment or furnishings occurring during the period of hire.
- A hire charge is payable at least two weeks before the event. No other payment will be required provided the room has been left in a tidy condition and no damages or breakages have occurred.
- Hire charge will be returned if booking is cancelled more than 5 days before the event.
- Car parking is allowed to the front and rear of building. This parking provision is offered without liability.
- All persons hiring the rooms will be held responsible for ensuring that conduct in the rooms and it's approaches shall cause no undue disturbance to those living near the Parish Rooms.
- No posters or notices are to be attached to the walls.
- Any property stored in the hall by Regular users shall not be used without prior authority from the appropriate body or organisation.
- Emergency exits must be kept clear at all times and fire procedures read and understood.
- All hirers are to ensure that all lights are switched off and all doors and windows securely fixed, locked and that the Hall is empty of persons before leaving the premises.
- Where necessary, any public liability insurance is to be covered by hiring group.
- Where necessary, Child Protection Legislation is to be covered by hire group.
- Where necessary, Public Entertainment and Drinks licenses are the responsibility of hire group.
- Full Payment to be made at least two weeks before the date of hire.